Friday, July 9, 2010

Muriwai Beach & Waitakere Range


Muriwai Beach


Went for an adventure last Sunday, July 4th up to Muriwai Beach with great friends Andrew & Meliss Judd (Fulson). 

The surf looked amazing, will have to find a board and a wetsuit!!


Have to watch the tide or might get washed out



We (myself, Andrew & Laurel) didn't venture into this cave as the tide was in



Looking over the Gannet Colony


The Girls at Muriwai Beach


Feels like you can see forever


Check it out
www.muriwai.com


Waitakere Ranges



The beginning of the hike had stairs and paths....... 


Andrew explains the swing bridge...



this is when it is was steady before Laurel jumped up and down and I couldn't take the picture!!



View from the swing bridge



most massive ferns





view from the walk along the stream  (Side note:  I did not take many pictures of the actually hike as I was often knee deep in the water shimmying along the wet, moss coated rocks and thought my camera would not likely enjoy a dip :)  But it was soooo much fun getting muddy and wet)








Trying not to fall in






Andrew climbing





That's me in the distance




Check it out

http://www.newzealand.com/travel/sights-activities/scenic-highlights/parks-reserves/sh-waitakere-ranges.cfm

1 comment:

  1. Jill, Such rugged beauty so close to Auckland. It's great to see you've got travel friends there already and to see you in some of these amazing settings. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, especially the "Check it out" url's at the end. I'm enjoying checking them out. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete