This photo seems simple, stairs up to a fence. But really it epitomizes what I have learned of New Zealanders, Kiwis, so far. Think outside the box, and get out there and start exploring and adventuring!!
Today, I went for a great walk from downtown to Mt Eden, checking out the village of Mt Eden as a potential place to live longterm. The trails and walkways up the hills were so green, full of fall leaves and I had the biggest smile and sigh of relaxation as I came up over the crest of this extinct volcano, known now as Mt Eden. Hard to describe how nature and your surroundings can just seem to get it all right and at just the right time!
It only took 25min to walk to work, Starship Children's Hospital, from there. A pretty nice commute :)
I then took the remaining minutes to hour of sunlight discovering the relaxing Auckland Domain, full of trails that I look forward to running in and so many different types of trees, and the Auckland War Memorial.
A truly awesome walk, discovering new parts of nature, wildlife, trails, fauna and Auckland all in one. :)
Those pictures are amazing! I had to sit on Ian to stop him from booking plane tickets:) xo
ReplyDelete